Tuesday, September 21, 2010

show us your edmonton day six!!!

Today was our last breakfast in Edmonton. sadly but truly. But we ended the week on a really high note with local artist/activist/ photographer Ted Kerr he's a really wonderful guy. I really loved the way he talked about Edmonton by using a lot of metaphors about the cities landscape and architecture to define the city as an entity. We ate at the early bird diner. The food was good, inexpensive but Robin and I ordered the French toast sandwich and it kind of just turned out to be bacon and eggs with a side of french toast, a pretty loose sandwich. delicious none the less. We had a really lovely talk about the city, the river valley, prospects of leaving Edmonton and of course we had some laughs.

After breakfast Ted decided that we should take a walk through some of the city's downtown back allies. This is a really amazing way to navigate a city (a personal favorite). Tedd took us into the river valley and up again. I can't really give a great description of where I was and how I got there, i sort of got so distracted by how wonderful parts of Edmonton look (scouts honour-Edmonton is pretty wonderful looking) that I realized half way through the walk that i was totally lost. Then at the end of our walk I found my way again. I will just give a brief description of a few of the pictures.

This is behind the library downtown. Turns out this space can't hold the weight of a lot of people on it so it can't be used as a festival or performance space like it was intended.
I liked this house. There is a chow-chow on the top deck. I loves me a chow-chow!!







This was the final destination for our walk. We went to the top of a parkade to a 'secret' spot Tedd and his friends call City Trust Beach. Its a really great spot to get a nice view of the city. and I could imagine myself going up there from time to time if I lived in Edmonton.





Then we went to a place in one of the many malls in the city for cookies!! I can not for the life of me remember the name of the shop where we got the cookies... for shame! But the mall was quite odd. honestly. look at this ceiling. the area below it was mostly empty i felt like maybe there was a human sacrifice planned to happen there later in the day.
I took close to 80 photos today. So it was hard to narrow it down. luckily we made another podcast!! click on this and it will lead you to an audio version of our day!

1 comment:

  1. It was such a fun day! Thanks so much. Can't wait to listen to the podcast.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete