Monday, February 8, 2010

one a day again.




This weekend I was talking to some friends about the idea of "one a day" blogs. We wondered what a person would do seven months in when the ideas were starting to run dry. How do you cope with comiting to a 365 day project when you're on day 298 and you are out of ideas?

But after looking at my new favorite internet project http://collectionaday2010.blogspot.com and another wonderful daily project by Amy Thibodeau called Lost and Looking. I have been inspired to try my hand at a once a day project.

I love the one-a-day project idea (of course I do since I did one with Rachel Ellison almost two years ago) but I'm not sure if i have the discipline to keep something like that up for a full year. But I'm gonna try? We will see how that goes? maybe a one-a-week project?... already trying to get out of this?

The last time I did the one a day project I used conversations about the prior day to inspire quick line embroideries. At the time i thought a full years worth sewn into a quilt would be a beautiful goal. So lets see what happens? Now to pick a start date.

2 comments:

  1. I wanna do this thing where i get one person a day to give me the figer, and itll be a fashion blog, amirite?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i'm totally stealing that idea!

    ReplyDelete